Last updated on 25 September 2018
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. It explains why and how we collect information about you, how we protect it and for how long we retain it. We keep your data as safe and secure as reasonably possible protecting it against loss and unauthorised disclosure or access and we will handle your personal data in strict compliance with applicable data protection laws, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (‘GDPR’).
This Privacy Notice has been set up as a Q&A list.
1. Who will process my personal data?
The ‘Data Controller’ of your personal data will be the following legal entity (hereinafter: ‘Recticel’):
Bourgetlaan 42 Avenue du Bourget
Company number: 0405.666.668
Please find our contact data in chapter 8, page 4 of this privacy notice.
2. What is the purpose and legal ground for processing my personal data?
The purpose for processing your personal data is to register your application for a job in our company and, if this application leads to start our selection procedure, make a profile of you, meaning that Recticel will process all the necessary data that is required for us to assess your job application in view of a potential recruitment.
The processing of your data is therefore necessary in order to take steps prior to entering into an employment contract and is in Recticel’s legitimate interests, i.e. the interest to assess and evaluate you before deciding on making an offer of employment.
In case of positive evaluation and decision to hire, we will also use your personal data to prepare an employment contract.
In case of a decision not to hire you, we will retain your personal data for a period of time as well (see 7) which is in the legitimate interest of Recticel, i.e. in order to be able to contact you if any future job opportunities would seem to match your profile.
3. Which categories of your personal data will be processed?
Personal data is all information relating to you or on the basis of which you may be identified. Anonymous data, without possibility to identify you, could thus not be considered as personal data.
For the purposes referred to here above, the processing of personal data will include the following:
- standard data related to your identity (surname, name(s), address…);
- personal data (date and place of birth, nationality, gender, phone number, email address, hobbies and interests, …);
- your picture if you have sent it to us voluntarily (e.g. included in your CV);
- data with regard to your professional experience (profile, data on previous employers, termination of last employments and work carried out,
special projects, …), including reference checks if you have provided us with references in your CV;
- data with regard to your education (diploma’s, certificates, internships, special trainings, …)
- language skills;
- if applicable, whether you possess a permit of working and/or reside in the European Economic Area (EEA);
- any other personal data that you present us with as part of your application, related to the exercise of the role;
- digital assessment through the internet (social media presence), insofar as this presence is open for us to see;
- any other personal data (than mentioned above) that require processing by virtue of the law.
You are not required to provide us with these data. However, not doing so might adversely affect your chances of recruitment.
4. Who will have access to my personal data?
HR, your envisaged hierarchic superior(s), the IT department and auditors will have access to your personal data on a strict ‘need-to-know’ basis for the purposes described above.
We do not pass on your information to any other third party, with the possible exception of assessments centres etc. or any other third party in case it is relevant for the recruitment process.
5. Will my personal data be transferred outside my country of residence?
Because of your job application, it may be necessary that a Recticel affiliate requires access to your personal data to process and/or store these personal data.This Recticel affiliate may be located within or outside the EEA.
For these purposes, all Recticel affiliates have concluded an intra-group agreement including EU standard contractual clauses in accordance with the data protection principles.
6. Will Recticel make use of automated decision-making?
Automated decisions are defined as decisions about individuals that are based solely on the automated processing of data and that produce legal effects or that significantly affect the individuals involved.
As a rule, Recticel does not make use of automated decision-making as described above. Recticel does not base its decision whether or not to hire you solely on automated processing of your personal data.
7. How long will my personal data be retained?
We will only hold your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes described above.
In case the recruitment does not result in an employment relationship, your personal data will be retained for a maximum period of one year after the end of the job application procedure for the purposes described under 2.
8. What are my rights with regard to the processing of my personal data by Recticel and who can I contact?
You have at any time the possibility to contact Recticel should you need any support while applying or managing your personal data. Additionally, you have at any time the right to contact Recticel if you want to:
- Access your personal data. This also includes the right to ask a copy;
- Rectify your personal data including supplementing incomplete data should the data not be kept accurately ;
- Erase your personal data if there is no (longer a) lawful ground for the processing;
- Restrict your personal data if you were to object to the processing or to the accuracy of the processed data or if you wish to retain certain personal data in the context of a possible claim while Recticel no longer needs the data in the light of the purposes mentioned under point 2.
You have at any time the right to object to the processing for which Recticel based itself in point 2 on the legitimate interest. Recticel will then cease the processing unless there are compelling legitimate grounds. For example, you can object to the processing of your personal data after a non-successful application. In such case, Recticel will immediately erase your personal data and stop any further processing.
Additionally, you also have the right - if you feel that Recticel did not act in line with data protection legislation - to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, of your place of work or of the place of the alleged infringement.
Your contact at Recticel for any further information about these rights is :
|External Data Protection Officer : Stefan Hardelt, at Christian Adolphy Consulting ,
Neuberg 4a , 65193 Wiesbaden,
Mobil +49 160 9382 4895,
|The HR manager handling your application,
The Recticel legal department in Brussels,
Belgium : firstname.lastname@example.org
Djamila Mahlous, Corporate IP Counsel, Recticel S.A.,
Bourgetlaan 42 Avenue du Bourget, 1130 Brussels, Belgium,
Tel : +32 2 775 18 93, Mahlous.email@example.com
9. What are my rights with regard to the processing of my personal data by Recticel and who can I contact?
We may edit this Privacy Notice from time to time, within the limitations set out by the relevant privacy and data protection laws.