The Group is aware that the eventual performance of an organisation is ultimately always connected to the social framework within which it operates. Recticel always tries to find a healthy balance between the elements "People, Planet, Profit" when implementing its policies. Recticel believes that sustainable enterprise is an attitude through which both profitable economic growth for the company (Profit), responsible social partnership (People), efficient management of natural resources and energy (Planet), limitation of the ecological footprint (Planet) and the development and promotion of the health of employees (People) need to be integrated in a harmonious way. Recticel aims to incorporate these aspects which may initially seem to be conflicting in a permanent and intelligent way and to experience them in the daily running of the company.
When determining its various objectives the Group takes into account as much as possible the short and long-term consequences of its decisions and actions for current and future generations. In the realisation of its objectives the Group prefers to develop strong relationships and initiatives with all its stakeholders. In this context the Group introduced a number of specific guidelines and codes of conduct many years ago in order to allow this topic to permeate throughout the organisation. In addition to the legislative framework that checks that companies pursue an ethical, environmentally and socially responsible company policy, Recticel has wished to underline its attitude with regard to this problem via the following commitments and guidelines among others:
- Signing the internationally recognised Responsible Care Global Charter whereby Recticel commits itself to manufacturing in the most sustainable way possible. Here the Group aims to apply the best technologies available among other things in order to have the least negative environmental impact possible.
- Signing product safety standards under the CertiPUR label. The CertiPUR label is only awareded after positive confirmation that the polyurethane products which will be used in mattresses and seating fully meet the high standards of safety, health and environmental friendliness. All the Group's production plants for comfort foam possess this label.
- The Recticel Group Safety, Health and Environment manual.
- The Recticel Business Control Guide in which the basic control procedures for meeting and supporting the general rules of accounting and cost controlling are recorded.
- The Recticel Approval Authority Guide which is the practical result of the distribution of authorisations within the Group regarding financial, social, information technology, organisational, legal, public matters among other things.